We’re all on a journey, whether we know it or not!
Most of my life I didn’t know it, and I’m sure I’m not the only one!(http://tualatintirefactory.com/)
Then, when the time is right, we start to see and recognise our life for what it is, a journey of self-discovery… at least that’s how I experienced it.
The opportunities for growth are there for us all the time but we don’t always see them. Then one day, we take an opportunity that comes our way and we start looking under our “metaphoric” stones. We start exposing what is unknown about ourselves, we start exploring the hidden parts and uncovering the myriad of ideas, habits, values and beliefs that we hold subconsciously.
That’s when we begin to realise that it’s this subconscious part of us that’s really driving our behaviours… and, it’s this subconscious part that’s creating our lives, day after day..
Interesting, isn’t it. And, perhaps a little scary!
It’s the subconscious that’s running the show… So, what about asking ourselves a few challenging questions, like…
- What values and beliefs do I hold subconsciously?
- How might my subconscious beliefs be holding me back?
- How might they be preventing me from accepting, acknowledging and expressing who I am?
- Where have these beliefs come from?
- Who gave them to me?
- What are they creating for me today?
- What might my life look like if I removed the beliefs that are blocking the expression of my true self?
- What fears and insecurities do I have to address in order to do this?
Anything interesting coming up for you? Is there a shift, however small, in the way you see yourself?
When you really challenge yourself it can be destabilising and, yes it’s usually quite uncomfortable too.
However, when you do take the plunge and dive into the inner self, you’ll find yourself on your own high-speed current of personal growth and inner transformation, and, I guarantee you’ll love the ride!